There is an interesting article today on Lew Rockwell about Anarcho Calisthenics. The premise of the article is rather than hold an outright revolution, which usually results in a worse regime than the one that was removed coming to power, instead simply stop following the dictates of the state. He further goes on to say these don’t have to be big acts of defiance, they could be small ones, but exercised by thousands or even millions will reek havoc on state machinery.
Here in the U.S. we have a fine tradition of simply disobeying the state when they have crossed the line. From the Revolutionary War to Henry David Thoreau to modern times we have been a defiant people. It is happening right now in Connecticut with the latest unconstitutional anti gun laws by potentially thousands of people. You see the dirty secret is we the people outnumber the politicians and their thugs by considerable numbers, but people forget that. They need you to just go along and follow their laws for the power to exist.
The reality is despite the number of police, prisons, and laws that exist they simply don’t have enough of them to force every citizen to comply with every law, every minute, of every day. Instead if you don’t voluntarily do it they simply can’t stop everyone. Yes, they can stop some and they do. Unfortunately for those they do stop they usually try and destroy them completely so as to set an example for the rest of the defiant people, but in the end they will still not be able to do that to everyone.
In Connecticut right now the politicians are besides themselves over this latest gun law. They fully expected everyone to simply fall into line and march over the cliff like good little lemmings when this law was passed. It simply never occurred to them that a huge majority of people would simply hold up their collective middle fingers and ignore the laws. These people called their bluff.
Now there are thousands of people who are felons according to the law. Some of them will get caught and the state will crush them with a zeal unlike we have seen before. They will do this for two reasons, one out of sheer anger that so many others have defied them and hopefully to set an example and bring the rest of the herd back into compliance with the state.
This will not work. The harder the state tries to crush them the more evasive and careful people will be to not get caught. Some still will and that is the nature of any war, there are always casualties. The truth is nobody wants to be that casualty, but some will be. However all will live under tyranny or some will fight and some will lose, but in the end the state and their tyranny loving politicians are the real losers. Here is a quote from the Hartford Courant that proves the point…
“I honestly thought from my own standpoint that the vast majority would register,” said Sen. Tony Guglielmo, R-Stafford, the ranking GOP senator on the legislature’s public safety committee. “If you pass laws that people have no respect for and they don’t follow them, then you have a real problem.”
This guy simply doesn’t know what to do now that so many people have simply withdrawn their consent to be tyrannized by an out of control state. However this is not enough. People need to be defiant on a range of things every single day across the entire nation.
Here are some things to consider before embarking on this…
- Make sure you are willing to “do the time” for whatever rule you are breaking if you are that person who is caught and made an example of. In other words are you William Wallace?
- Don’t wave flags, banners, or god forbid place your civil disobedience on social media for the world to see. Don’t be stupid. If you tell the state you have withdrawn your consent you will be visited by door kicking thugs in the middle of the night.
- Be quiet, smart, and careful. Think Walter White from Breaking Bad. He hid in plain sight and didn’t let the world know what he was doing.
- Don’t post things on social media or tell the world you disagree with the state, at least, not loudly. Such people end up becoming part of a small group of people to “watch” by the state. Rather think needle in the haystack.
- Make it as hard as possible for the state to see you as anything other than another compliant little lemming co towing to their infinite power, but in reality you are not anything of the sort.
Understand, I am not suggesting you go out and start a career of crime here, although in reality most people commit an average of 3 felonies everyday right now and don’t know it.
I am suggesting you simply withdraw your consent to allow yourself to be placed under the tyranny of the state for every little stupid regulation and law they can dream up, but in the end don’t actually have the power to enforce against everyone. Exercise this freedom regularly. It actually feels good.